The African Falls Tribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Weather & Season

WINTER in AFT is characterised in the pack's territory by dry, sunny, crisp days and cold nights, sometimes with heavy frosts. The high neighboring mountain range often gets snow.

BIRTHING: No
MATING: Yes
Season changes October 1st, 2014

Latest topics
» The African Stars Pride is Roaring to Life!
What can I say... EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 pm by Guest

» Happy Birthday ASP!!!!
What can I say... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:58 pm by Astro

» Vuerris // Semi-Realistic Wolf RolePlay //
What can I say... EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:39 pm by Guest

» Big Bad Wolf
What can I say... EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 5:41 am by Guest

» My Appologies...
What can I say... EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:18 pm by Astro

» The Untold Winds Pack
What can I say... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:41 pm by Stubby

» Spirit Walkers
What can I say... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:12 am by Laval

» Incandescence | V2 | - we moved!
What can I say... EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:02 am by Guest

» Join Me Maybe, old friends :*
What can I say... EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm by Laval

Pack Member of the Month

No one~ This member has been active and posting for a good deal of time and had contributed to AFT through various suggestions. Congratulations on becoming December's PMotM!

Word Count
Word Length: 0

What can I say...

+3
Ivalo
Anthony
Laval
7 posters

Go down

What can I say... Empty What can I say...

Post by Laval Mon May 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Look, I thought coming back would be great, but Now its just a disaster for me, I broke a rule, and I
have nothing to do about it, so, of course, I'm Leaving.

I'm sorry, cause I tried to fit in, but I just failed again. I'll think through of what I did, and try to come back.
Bad messages coming from nowhere, and now I got scared, maybe failing to do the right things for everyone.
So now, I'll maybe think through before I post something that can break a rule, so...farewell.

-Balto
Laval
Laval
Newcomer

Male

http://thelostcontinent.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

What can I say... Empty Re: What can I say...

Post by Anthony Mon May 26, 2014 4:52 pm

So you're leaving because you broke one rule? I don't understand why you would leave just because of one rule, but alright. Goodbye, Balto. D:
Anthony
Anthony
Newcomer

Male

http://wolvesofwinter.jcink.net/index.php?s=09e04c92db37d63b8313

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivalo Mon May 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Balto, you are leaving? Aww, darn. I wanted to roleplay with you sometime. :c

Oh well, if you feel you need to leave, I totally respect that. Have a great journey in the majical world of the internet! :3
Ivalo
Ivalo
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelliccia Mon May 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Aww Balto. I know I thought how they told was a little harsh. I hope you can come back. I am outraged by this that you are leaving. I am having a talk with one of the Admins. This is horrible.
Pelliccia
Pelliccia
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Desty Mon May 26, 2014 6:25 pm

There are rules and there are consequences to breaking those rules, Steele. We as staff had nothing to do with Balto choosing to leave as that is their choice alone if they don't want to face those consequences.

Anyway, sorry to see you go, Balto.
Desty
Desty
Old Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelliccia Mon May 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Well why is he leaving. He said he got many angry letters and things. That couldn't just be his choice. That is a form of bullying to send him mean pms. This is horrible, and I thought this site was nice.
Pelliccia
Pelliccia
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Desty Mon May 26, 2014 6:33 pm

He got one PM from a staff member with a question is all to my knowledge. If he got any 'angry' PM's - he should have reported them, because we can't know of them otherwise.
Desty
Desty
Old Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelliccia Mon May 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Whatever. I will miss you Balto. I hope you can come back because you where a very cool person to talk and rp with. Make sure you try to visit.
Pelliccia
Pelliccia
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Mon May 26, 2014 6:43 pm

There was no bullying, enforcing the rules is our job. Balto broke a rule that isn't hard to follow, and that is to be respectful of all members, how they choose to rp their character is their choice whether they are homosexual or heterosexual, and he was treating homosexuality as if it was wrong or abnormal and it offended many users that are homosexual irl (Including me) and thus he was warned via pm. We are not responsible for him leaving, that is his own choice and we are sorry to see him go, also please refrain from being rude to other members Steele.
Beau
Old Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelliccia Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 pm

I wasn't being rude. I just wasn't understanding why everyone is getting mad over a certain mistake. I understand how he said it was wrong but he shouldn't be harassed cause he made a mistake.
Pelliccia
Pelliccia
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Mon May 26, 2014 6:52 pm

The way you replied to Desty was rude, and they were not being rude to you, they were explaining what happened. Yes Balto maybe made a mistake but he is responsible for his actions, after he had been asked to correct his bio he did so in a way the staff considered rude and was warned via pm as we said, he was not harrassed or bullied, he was just questioned. Please do not continue this discussion here, if you really feel the need to then pm a Leier or Chini about it, this thread's purpose is to say goodbye to Balto not to argue about why he chose to leave.

Last edited by Beau on Mon May 26, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beau
Old Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Desty Mon May 26, 2014 6:53 pm

A mistake is something that is done accidentally. Balto was told multiple times to be respectful and to keep his thoughts on the subject of homosexuality to himself if they were going to be worded like there were ('right side', 'normal', etc.) Since that wasn't listened to, he was given an official warning in light of the rules. That's not harassment, that's doing our jobs and standing up for ourselves.
Desty
Desty
Old Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelliccia Tue May 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Ok. Although I don't agree with it and still have my opinion I am sorry for being disrespectful to you guys. It's just sad that we have another pack member leaving. Bye Balto. Miss you.
Pelliccia
Pelliccia
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinook Tue May 27, 2014 4:18 pm

If I may ask, what do you not agree with, Steele? Ballot broke a rule, was contacted about it, and decided to leave. I don't understand what there is to disagree with.
Chinook
Chinook
Old Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelliccia Tue May 27, 2014 9:35 pm

I mean I don't agree with him leaving. I think he should stay and learn from his mistakes. I think we shouldn't be so harsh about things like mistakes about 'normal'. Maybe he isn't used to the idea of homosexuals. Not saying they are bad but some parents don't like their kids knowing about that stuff. You never. IDK maybe Im just rambling.
Pelliccia
Pelliccia
Newcomer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Desty Tue May 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Okay if you would like to continue this discussion you need to take that up with Balto personally because that's his choice alone and not yours. But saying his wording is a mistake and we need to coddle him isn't the answer either - because it's been proven time and time again that gentle 'shoves' don't work. The respect rule has been specifically stated that it is enforced on a zero tolerance policy; which means there is no coddling when it is broken.

As for where this topic is going and it seems the subject isn't being dropped anytime soon, I'll be locking this topic to prevent further useless arguments.

[ Locked ]
Desty
Desty
Old Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum